Monday, March 23, 2009

Intro's

Hello Readers:

Welcome to the window into my crazy little head! I started this blog because I’m now looking back on what I’ve experienced through the last 4 years and definitely wished I had something similar to read so I could rest assured that I wasn’t a) crazy or b) alone. I can’t believe how much I’ve seen and how much I’ve grown. The jobs I’ve had, people I have met and those whom I lost were all there for a reason and now that I’m moving on to the next chapter in my life I’m finally ready to reflect and share some of the lessons I’ve learned and ones I hope will help people who read this. I suppose some would call it a Quarter-Life Crisis, but quite honestly, I think these feelings and experiences can happen at any point in life. The fact that it’s Quarter-Life only really makes sense because I’m in my mid-20s.

Before I get ahead of myself, let me introduce...myself. My name is Hillary and I am a soon-to-be 27 year old female living in the Boston area. I grew up in New York and moved to Boston for college. I graduated in 2005 and for one reason or another have been here ever since. I’ve just about completed the most emotional, unstable and uncomfortable 4 years of my entire life. The theme of the past 4 years? “What the hell am I doing with my life?!” I think it probably has been one of the most exhausting and scary things I’ve ever been through but I know that as a result of it all, I’m now on a track that I believe is the one that will make me very happy. I recently was accepted to the Pratt Institute for a Masters program. I begin on August 31st, and I’m absolutely jazzed!

That being said, I plan to open myself up to those reading and share a lot of intimate details and experiences from my life. I hope some readers can relate, and I am open to comments and similar experiences. I would like this to be a safe and accepting space where people can express their feelings of frustration, anxiety, or anything you’re feeling during this stage in your life. After all, much of our learning happens when we interact with one another. My goal through this blog is if nothing else, is for those who are currently faced with this overwhelming sense of ‘What the hell am I doing with my life?’ will develop some faith that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that they will see it soon and see that others are feeling it as well.

This is my experience as I’ve come to understand it. I’m sure as even more time goes on that I will understand even more about it and why it was such an important stage in my life despite how anxious, terrified, emotional and depressed I was at times.

To describe this stage, I can think of only one word to define it: stuck.

Thanks for reading. This is probably one of the most difficult things times in your life, but please know that you are NOT alone. People around you may not talk about it or may not seem like they are facing the same situation, but there are many of us out there! I’m living proof! Take comfort in that.

Finally, remember that when all else fails, try to have faith and surround yourself with the ones you love. They will be the ones to keep you sane during this time of what seems like total insanity. Make those people your foundation...because more than likely they are.


Be well,
Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share descriptive words, thoughts or anything else.