Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Late night quote

While I don't have much time right now, at 2:30AM to write the post I know to be my next I wanted to share a quote that I've loved for a long time and is incredibly true:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."
~Robert Frost


I've always loved this quote. It's one of the few certain things we know about life. It's not stopping and we can't go back in time. We must keep moving forward.

This idea can definitely give some hope and a little comfort when going through a period of "stuckness." Every day that you go through it is one less day you will have to go through it, and one day closer to getting out of the place you're currently in. Each day that passes in your frozen state is a step toward getting past this point in your life and realizing what the best next step is for you to take. To me, this quote is not just an opinion, words of wisdom or even words of comfort; it's a fact. Life does go on, because it has to and WE have to.

What are some quotes that you think are applicable as well? What quotes or sayings are helpful in getting you through tough times of being stuck?

1 comment:

  1. "i feel good, i feel great, i feel wonderful!"
    - the wise bob wiley

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share descriptive words, thoughts or anything else.